Hills Shire Council Draft Strategic Plan to 2036 - information
The Hills Shire Council has released a draft Local Strategic Planning Statement describing planned development of the area to meet population growth. The work addresses a range of aspects of living in the area, from the environment, to transport, jobs and rural lands.
The draft plan contains some aspirational statements which should be supported. Sadly, current actions of the Hills Shire Council do not appear to match these visionary statements. Council should uphold their aspirations.
Public submissions and comments are open until the 9th of August 2019.
Link to the Council website with the documents:
We have reviewed some of the documents. We suggest that through this strategic plan, residents call on Hills Shire Council to:
- Commit to tree planting to increase the tree canopy to 40+ %
- Stop the rezoning of business park to residential at the IBM site WPH
- Say no to density increase and cluster sub-division in rural lands
- Stop changes to tree management laws which will endanger our tall majestic trees
- Object to an additional 38 000 residential dwellings in the Hills Shire Council by 2036.
Template submission here - copy and paste this if you agree
How to make a submission
Online submission form
Send your personal submission in an email to:
3 minute Survey:
Who can make a submission to the Hills Shire Council?
ANYONE IN NSW
There are so many documents, how can I read them all in time?
Please use our submission template to make a submission if the natural environment and protection of rural lands are important to you.